What is time off?
Time off is any time an employee or contractor is not working due to vacation days, holidays, sick days, or any other out-of-office time.
During time off, a person’s available hours are set to 0 and the person will show as unavailable on the Project and People Planners.
You can still assign a person to a project during their time off, but their assigned hours will not be counted towards the project. This can be corrected by:
- changing that person’s time off,
- rescheduling that person’s project assignment, or
- adjusting existing or adding additional people to the project for that time.
Managing time off
Time off is managed on the People Planner and can be added in multiple places:
1. From the Time Off toggle
- Click the toggle button
- Switch on the Time off toggle
- Click the Add time off button
- Select all the people you want to create time off for. If you select multiple people you will create the same time off for everyone selected.
- Use the calendar controls to add new time off
- Click the Add button
When the Time Off is toggled on and the person already has time off listed, you can click on a day to add time off or click-and-drag to add time off over a number of days.
2. From a person's row
You can also book time off by going to a person's row on the People planner and adding time-off there. Click on the person's name and click-and-drag time off in the Time Off row.
Reading time off
Hover over the time off bar to see the total number of weekdays for the requested leave period.
Runn will also show you any existing assignments for the person that clash with their time-off.
In the example below, Bob has work scheduled for an internal project and the Model Z User Interface project during the scheduled time off from 21 - 24 December.
Still have questions? We're happy to help!