The Project Period report shows important KPIs for your projects broken into weekly, monthly, and quarterly periods.
Project Period Report Metrics
All metrics on the Project Period report are rounded to the nearest whole number.
IMPORTANT - Read more about how Runn accounts for scheduled vs. actual hours, placeholders, tentative projects, and overtime in the Reports Guide.
The number of hours that were scheduled or logged on billable assignments.
The number of hours that were scheduled or logged on non-billable assignments or projects.
The sum of Billable Hours and Non-billable Hours.
Project Revenue ($)
The revenue you are expected to earn on a project.
For Time and Material projects, Runn calculates Project Revenue from your project's Billable Hours and the project rates you have set for each role.
For Fixed-Price projects, Budget ($) will equal Project Revenue ($).
Project People Costs ($)
The labor costs you are expected to incur on the project.
Runn calculates Project People Costs ($) from the Total Hours and the cost to the business you have set for each person in their contract.
Project Profit ($)
Project Revenue ($) - Project People Costs ($)
Click on the images to enlarge
You want to look at your project plans for February for the A Secret Moon Base project.
The roles and people assigned to the project are:
- Celine: Designer (project rate $100, cost to business $61)
- 2 placeholders: Developers (project rate $130, cost to business $0)
- George: Project Manager (project rate $80, cost to business $65)
- Kenny: Project Manager (project rate $80, cost to business $73)
For the sake of simplicity, no timesheets have been filled in for this example, so we're looking at scheduled hours only. If there were actual hours logged against this project, those would have been used in the calculations instead. See Reports Guide for more info.
Billable hours = 20h + 20h + 80h + 80h + 40h + 20h + 20h + 20h = 300 hours
Non-billable hours = 20 hours
Total hours = 300h + 20h = 320 hours
Project Revenue ($) = $4000 + $20,800 + $3200 + $4800 = $32,800
- Designer (Celine) = $100 * 40h = $4000
- Developers (2 placeholders) = 2 * ($130 * 80h) = $20,800
- Project Manager (George) = $80 * 40h = $3200
- Project Manager (Kenny) = $80 * 60h = $4800
Project People Costs ($) = $3660 + $0 + $2600 + $4380 = $10,640
- Designer (Celine) = $61 * 60h = $3660
- Developers (2 placeholders) = 2 * ($0 * 80h) = $0
- Project Manager (George) = $65 * 40h = $2600
- Project Manager (Kenny) = $73 * 60h = $4380
Project Profit ($) = $32,800 - $10,640 = $22,160