Quick start (new users only):
- Visit https://id.getharvest.com/developers while logged in as an admin
- Create a new Personal Access Token (suggested name: runn)
- Copy the Token & Account ID
- Visit https://app.runn.io/integrations and select the Harvest tick box
- Enter the Token and Account ID
- We suggest turning on just the Clients & Projects, and People first. Then turning on Actuals Sync once you've happy with the imported data.
- Press "Save & Run" and your data should be imported within a few minutes.
- Explore the newly imported data and correct any issues such as people with "Unknown" roles.
Quick Start (existing Runn users)
If you are an existing Runn customer, who already has their people and projects entered into Runn. Please contact Runn support via the chat link below or via email@example.com and we will help you get set up.
How the Harvest integration works
Our Harvest integration allows you to import your clients, projects and people from Harvest.
Once a day, we automatically import any new clients, projects and people you have added to Harvest.
You may also run the import manually, if you have created something new in Harvest and need it in Runn immediately. You can find the button to do this at the top of the respective Client, Projects, and People pages.
Our Harvest Integration is a one-way, daily sync. This means:
- If a client, project or person exists in Harvest but not in Runn, it will automatically bring them across.
- All Harvest Time Sheets will automatically be synchronize daily. See the Harvest Actuals Integration page for more details.
- If you updated or delete a client, project or person in either Harvest or Runn, we will not update the details between the two. They remain separate after being imported.
- Any client, project or person created in Runn will not appear in Harvest. They must be created in Harvest separately.
- We match purely only on the ID created in Harvest. If you create the same client, project or person in both Runn and Harvest, they will be duplicated.
- If you have an existing client, project or person in Runn, and want to ensure a duplicate isn't made from Harvest. You must manually enter the Harvest ID (external reference) within Runn. You can do that when editing a client, project or person.
I created a client, project, or person in Harvest and it doesn't appear in Runn
Try going to the Clients, Projects or People list page in Runn and click the "Import from Harvest" button. Wait 5 minutes and check if the item you created appears.
If these Button is missing, then you may not have the importing function turned on.
A person as the role "Unknown" what happened?
If a person has no role, or multiple roles in Harvest. We will assign the role "Unknown" and you will need to manually update the persons role.
There is a duplicate client, project or person
You must decide which item to keep. You should base this on which item has data attached to it. For example, if a project or person has assignments and another one doesn't. You should delete the item without the assignments.
You can then manually add a reference for Harvest to this item (see above), and it will no longer be duplicated. In the future, always ensure that, if an item is added to Runn first and then added to Harvest, you update the external ID for the item in Runn.
I created a client, project or person in Runn, and now want to create it in Harvest. How can I avoid duplicates?
You can avoid duplications by ensuring that any item that is created in Runn first, and then in Harvest, has the Harvest ID attached.
If you create the item in Harvest first, simply click the "Update client, project, or person from Harvest" button and within a few minutes the new item from Harvest will appear in Runn.
How can I deleted all imported data?
You will need to manually remove any of the clients, projects pr people you have imported and no longer need.
If I have a large amount of existing data within Runn, how can I make sure no duplicates appear?
You can manually enter the harvest id (found in the harvest URL or from the API) into Runn. However, if you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will be able to help you with the process and ensure a quick integration and avoid duplications.