Quick start (new users only):
- Visit https://clockify.me/user/settings while logged in to your Clockify account
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Generate to get your personal API key:
- Copy the API key
- Visit https://app.runn.io/integrations and select the Clockify tick box
- Enter API key into API token field:
- We suggest turning on just the Clients & Projects, and People first. Then turning on Actuals Sync once you've happy with the imported data.
- Press "Save & Run" and your data should be imported within a few minutes.
- Explore the newly imported data and correct any issues such as people with "Unknown" roles.
Quick Start (existing Runn users)
If you are an existing Runn customer, who already has your people and projects entered into Runn, please contact Runn support via the chat link below or via email@example.com and we will help you get set up.
How the Clockify integration works
Our Clockify integration allows you to import your clients, projects, and people from Clockify. Once a day, we automatically import any new clients, projects, and people you have added to Clockify.
You may also run the import manually if you have created something new in Clockify and need the new data in Runn immediately. You can find the button to do this at the top of the respective Client, Projects, and People pages.
Our Clockify Integration is a one-way, daily sync. This means:
- If a client, project, or person exists in Clockify but not in Runn, it will automatically bring them across.
- All Clockify time entries will automatically be synchronized daily.
- If you update or delete a client, project, or person in either Clockify or Runn, we will not update the details between the two. They remain separate after being imported.
- Any client, project, or person created in Runn will not appear in Clockify. They must be created in Clockify separately.
- We match purely only on the ID created in Clockify. If you create the same client, project, or person in both Runn and Clockify, they will be duplicated.
- If you have an existing client, project, or person in Runn, and want to ensure a duplicate isn't made from Clockify. You must manually enter the Clockify ID (external reference) within Runn. You can do that when editing a client, project, or person.
I created a client, project, or person in Clockify and it doesn't appear in Runn
Try going to the Clients, Projects or People list page in Runn and click the "Import from Clockify" button. Wait 5 minutes and check if the item you created appears.
If these Button is missing, then you may not have the importing function turned on.
A person has the role "Unknown", what does that mean?
In Runn each person is assigned a role. (Read more about roles here)
Clockify doesn't have the same concept, so when you initially import your people, they will come through to Runn with an Unknown role.
You'll need to assign each person a role before you can turn on your timesheet sync.
Follow the fix all unknown roles link on the integration page or head over to your people list to bulk assign roles.
There is a duplicate client, project or person
You must decide which item to keep. You should base this on which item has data attached to it. For example, if a project or person has assignments and another one doesn't. You should delete the item without the assignments.
You can then manually add a reference for Clockify to this item (see above), and it will no longer be duplicated. In the future, always ensure that, if an item is added to Runn first and then added to Clockify, you update the external ID for the item in Runn.
I created a client, project, or person in Runn, and now want to create it in Clockify. How can I avoid duplicates?
You can avoid duplications by ensuring that any item that is created in Runn first, and then in Clockify, has the Clockify ID attached.
ID in Clockify:
You can find the Clockify ID in the URL.
ID in Runn:
To update the Clockify ID in Runn, select your project, and choose Edit Details.
If you create the item in Clockify first, simply click the "Update client, project, or person from Clockify" button and within a few minutes, the new item from Clockify will appear in Runn.
How can I deleted all imported data?
You will need to manually remove any of the clients, projects pr people you have imported, and no longer need.
If I have a large amount of existing data within Runn, how can I make sure no duplicates appear?
You can manually enter the Clockify ID (found in the Clockify URL - see above) into Runn. However, if you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will be able to help you with the process and ensure a quick integration and avoid duplications.