Today we're happy to announce the launch of three brand-new features.
You can now use Runn to plan your tentative projects. This is something we're really excited about as it allows you to see how potential new work will impact your agency's existing workload and bottom-line. We also added milestone tracking so you can keep tabs of upcoming events, critical decision points, and deliverables.
And lastly, we've released an API, giving you read access to all your data in Runn.
Thanks to the feedback of our early users, we also made a ton of usability improvements and smaller changes. Enjoy!
If you have any comments or questions about this release, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Have you noticed the new "Show tentative" button at the top of the Planner?
Press this button to toggle on your tentative projects, then sit back and let us do the magic: Runn will recalculate your team's workload and all your project metrics to help you figure out how the new work will best fit in.
You can now add milestones to your projects, either on the Project Planner...
... or directly on your project dashboard page.
Currently in alpha, this will give you read-only access to all your data in Runn. Generate your token and access the API docs from your account setting page.
This is just the beginning of Runn's API journey so expect there to be changes and additions in upcoming releases. If you're interested in using the API or have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Usability improvements and other changes
On the Planner:
- We updated our calendar controls. There's now a new 6 month view and you can move the Planner forward and backward by 1 week or month using the > and >> controls.
- Rows and columns are now highlighted when you create, drag or hover over an assignment.
- You can now access the charts from the People Planner.
- New time off will no longer automatically splits assignments. Instead, time off appears on top of assignments, and a warning is given to let you know that you need to take an action. (Either remove the time off, or split the assignment.)
- The date picker will now open on the day you are viewing in the Planner.
- When you create a new assignment, the calendar now jumps to the assignment start date.
- In the project stats, we are now alerting you of any budget overages.
- You are now able to cumulate your financial data by month (in addition to the existing 'day' and 'week' options).
On the dashboard pages:
- The project budget now auto-saves, plus we added totals to the budget.
- Data export updates:
- Data export now exports in hours instead of minutes.
- We added a total hours column to your export.
- Data export will now automatically choose a date range of the start of
the week + 3 months.
- Fixed bug where a person with multiple roles on a project would appear twice on your project dashboard page.
- Fixed bug where overbooking could appear on the wrong date with very long assignments.
- Fixed bug where archived people would still show on the People planner.